Garage Door Spring Repair & Replacement in Roman Forest, TX
Garage door spring repair and replacement are essential maintenance tasks for ensuring the safe and efficient operation of your garage door. Garage door springs are under a significant amount of tension and can break over time due to wear and tear. When this happens, it’s crucial to address the issue promptly. Here’s what you need to know about Garage Door in Roman Forest TX:
Types of Garage Door Springs:
- Torsion Springs: Torsion springs are mounted horizontally above the garage door opening. They store energy by twisting and unwind to lift and lower the door. Most residential garage doors have one or two torsion springs.
- Extension Springs: Extension springs are typically mounted on the sides of the door or above the horizontal tracks. They extend and contract to help lift and lower the door. Some garage doors have a combination of both torsion and extension springs.
Signs of Broken or Damaged Springs:
- A loud bang or sound of breaking when the spring breaks.
- The garage door doesn’t open or close smoothly.
- The door appears uneven or crooked.
- The motor struggles to lift the door, or it reverses when attempting to close.
Garage Door Spring Repair:
If you suspect that your garage door springs are damaged or broken, it’s essential to call a professional garage door technician for inspection and repair. Attempting to repair or replace garage door springs on your own can be dangerous due to the high tension they’re under. Here’s what the repair process typically involves:
- Assessment: The technician will assess the condition of the springs and the entire garage door system to determine the extent of the damage.
- Spring Replacement: If one or both of the springs are damaged or broken, they will be safely removed and replaced with new springs designed to the appropriate specifications for your garage door.
- Balancing: After replacing the springs, the technician will balance the door to ensure it opens and closes smoothly. This involves adjusting the tension on the springs to achieve the correct balance.
- Safety Inspection: A comprehensive safety inspection of the entire garage door system, including cables, tracks, rollers, and safety features, will be conducted to ensure everything is functioning correctly.
Garage Door Spring Replacement:
In some cases, when one spring breaks, it’s advisable to replace both springs simultaneously. This helps maintain balance and prevents uneven wear on the new spring. Here’s what the replacement process entails:
- Measurements: The technician will take precise measurements of the existing springs to ensure the correct replacement springs are installed.
- Spring Removal: The old springs will be removed safely, taking precautions to release tension slowly.
- New Spring Installation: The new springs will be installed according to the manufacturer’s specifications and adjusted for proper tension.
- Balancing and Testing: The technician will balance the door and conduct thorough testing to ensure it operates smoothly and safely.
Professional garage door spring repair and replacement services are essential for your safety and the longevity of your garage door system. Attempting to DIY these repairs can result in serious injury or further damage to the door. When you notice signs of spring damage, it’s best to contact a reputable garage door service provider to assess the situation and perform the necessary repairs or replacements.